Anti-Racist Leadership – Crystal Pak, Ep. 43
On this episode of One Step Beyond, Crystal Pak joins Aram to discuss anti-racist leadership. As an anti-racist activist, Crystal shares her experiences from a number of different community and corporate groups that amplify the voices of marginalized people. In addition to being the Community Outreach Chair at Alaska Airlines, Crystal also volunteers with the NAACP, focusing on digital disparity in the Seattle school system. Crystal and Aram discuss how to open the door to constructive criticism, as well building communities with a sense of care.
The concept of anti-racism is more pertinent than ever; it’s time to put your money where your mouth is when it comes to diversity and inclusion.
In this episode, we talk about:
• The good and the bad of carrying on cultural traditions
• Tangible moves for organizations to amplify marginalized voices
• The move to create anti-racist leaders
• Putting your emotional self on the line
• The longterm effects of depraving recourses from the youth
• Holding leaders accountable
• Compassion for people trying to unlearn
Never lose your Cadence. Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive coaching tips, Cadence Leadership news, and all our latest blog posts.