On this episode of One Step Beyond, Aram is joined by Brandi Wells. Brandi works in the world of corporate finance, including previous positions at Amazon and Colliers. While many industries have opened up to tattoos in past decades, the same cannot be said for the corporate world, including that of finance. Both Brandi and Aram challenge this culture everyday – simply by working as professionals. As they destroy tradition, Aram and Brandi discuss the cost/benefit of individuality in the workplace, and whether or not personal expression has any impact on professionalism.
In this episode we talk about:
• How lenient policies yield the best results
• Downplaying oneself as a career strategy
• Beauty standards vs productivity
• Double standards in femininity
• The price of rebellion
• Impulsive Coachella tattoos
• The right to comment on another
• Taking risks now for future generations
• Hiring bias
Connect with Brandi on LinkedIn.
Never lose your Cadence. Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive coaching tips, Cadence Leadership news, and all our latest blog posts.