On this episode of One Step Beyond, Aram is joined by Puneet Singh. Puneet is the Senior Manager at KPMG Canada, and he joined Aram to discuss the concept of differences as a strength. Puneet tells his story of struggling to fit in as a visible minority, from his formative years to his professional life, and dives deep on how differences, while challenging, can provide great opportunity in the long run. Whether it’s wanting to fit in, facing barriers that tell us we don’t belong, or impacts on our self esteem, differences can seem like immovable objects in our path. Get ready, because Puneet’s story is a touching one.
In this episode, we talk about:
• Visibile vs. non-visible minorities
• Changing conversations around homogeneity
• How workplaces can celebrate differences
• Learning to embrace oneself
• Perceived conservatism
• Diversity as a professional experience (and how workplaces can foster this)
• Diversity and inclusion as a marketing term
Connect with Puneet on LinkedIn.
Never lose your Cadence. Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive coaching tips, Cadence Leadership news, and all our latest blog posts.