Diversity & Inclusion:
Actionable steps leaders can take towards real change. Ep.1
Today on the show, we speak with Keri Fraser, Senior HR leader with Colliers International and Michelle Rakshys, Diversity and Inclusion manager at Amazon about the complexities of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We define what it is, what some of the misconceptions and reactions people have and the actionable steps leaders can take to make good on their commitment to be more inclusive and diverse.
On this episode we talk about:
- Defining Diversity and Inclusion.
- Common misconceptions and reactions people may have.
- Actionable steps leaders can take towards making change.
- How to recognize conscious and unconscious biases and correct them.
- What is allyship and how to be a proactive ally in the workplace.
- Being mindful of tokenism.
- How to have conversations that are progressive, open and actually move the needle.
About our guests:
Keri Fraser is a Senior Human Resources leader with Colliers International, leading the North America People Services team. She brings experience and passion for developing solutions to enhance engagement and inclusion through her collaboration with leadership teams.
Michelle Rakshys is a Diversity and Inclusion manager at Amazon. She employs a data focused approach to make measurable changes to the diverse workforce at Amazon and to create an inclusive environment for employees.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Globe Smart
- Harvard University Implicit Bias Test
- Better Allies: Everyday Actions to Create Inclusive, Engaging Workplaces by Karen Catlin
Never lose your Cadence. Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive coaching tips, Cadence Leadership news, and all our latest blog posts.