Find Something That Loves You Back – Denaun “Mr Porter”, Ep. 45
On this episode of One Step Beyond, we’re honoured to bring on Denaun (aka Mr. Porter, Kon Artis). Denaun is a Grammy-winning producer, rapper, and composer. He’s worked with the likes of Eminem, 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Proof, DMX, and hundreds more.
Denaun and Aram connected on what it’s like to be artists in a world dominated by business, while also discussing the role of mental health in the lives of creatives. Denaun opens up about his life story, the role that creativity had in fighting, and also what contributed to his own mental health issues. This episode doesn’t waste any time, so tuck in and enjoy.
In this episode, we talk about:
• Being a creator in the public eye
• Anxiety, fear of mortality, and hiding in the shadows
• Making the music industry work for you
• Influencing your influences
• Weighing sanity against drive
• The power of love and consideration
• Learning how to become comfortable in your own skin
Never lose your Cadence. Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive coaching tips, Cadence Leadership news, and all our latest blog posts.