Leadership and Accountability in High Stress Environments – Baruch Ellsworth, Ep. 34
This week on One Step Beyond, Aram is joined by Baruch Ellsworth – a career chef at Single Thread. Baruch shares his experience coming up in kitchens, where leaders are made through experience, and less through training. Aram and Baruch discuss the role of accountability in an industry notorious for hot tempers and burnout, but much a diamond, high pressure can yield the greatest results.
In this episode, we talk about:
• Finding yourself in a leadership position
• Shifting towards increased accountability
• Why a good chef never burns toast
• The Peter Pan complex
• Maturing as a leader, while still connecting to youth
• Learning to read the room
• Strong management to strong culture to strong results
Connect with Baruch on LinkedIn.
Never lose your Cadence. Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive coaching tips, Cadence Leadership news, and all our latest blog posts.