Legacy in a Family Business – Giancarlo Talarico, Ep. 25
On this episode of One Step Beyond, we’ve brought on Giancarlo Talarico to discuss his experience and expertise in the world of a family business. Giancarlo is a fourth-generation Talarico at QTG – a company founded in 1909. QTG has shifted several times over as it changed hands through the generations, until 2008, when Giancarlo stepped into the office as President. He was faced with a choice – let the company continue on the same path, or make it his own. Aram and Giancarlo explored the pitfalls and the benefits of working in a family-owned business, as well as the unique challenges and opportunities it provides.
In this episode we talk about:
• Planning (or not) to join the industry
• Nepotism, indifference, and finding your value
• The psychological impact of working with family
• Finding the courage to fix what’s broken
• Building a company that you actually want to work at
• Evolution, not revolution
• Learning how to own your own strengths
• Pushing through imposter syndrome
• Building your own legacy
Connect with Giancarlo on LinkedIn.
Never lose your Cadence. Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive coaching tips, Cadence Leadership news, and all our latest blog posts.