Punk Rock, Disruption & Success Ep. 8
How often do we think of all our experiences in life when it comes to our professional careers? Who we are in our day to day work has a lot to do with where we’ve been and who we’ve been in the past. Being able to bring our whole selves into our work and succeed is at the core of this episode – as every past experience is an important piece of the story. This is true for our guest, Jonathan Anastas, a successful business professional (CMO at One Championship) and musician (co-founder of the seminal hardcore band DYS). We talk about his experience with punk rock and uncover a through-line in his storied professional career of grit, disruption and carving out his own path.
On this episode we talk about:
- Coming up in the punk/hardcore scene in Boston
- His bands DYS and Slapshot
- Straightedge and rebellion
- His college days and how he discovered his career path
- The digital shift in marketing
- Lessons learned as a risk taker in business
Never lose your Cadence. Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive coaching tips, Cadence Leadership news, and all our latest blog posts.