Rethinking the Music Industry, Ep. 36
This week on One Step Beyond, Aram is joined by three music industry professionals to discuss the industry at large. Jay Reason (Static Era Records), Alex Lichtenauer (Get Better Records), and Rich Rossi (Deathwish Inc) join this panel episode to rethink the music industry. In an era of streaming and no live music or touring, what exactly is the music industry? Coming from four distinct perspectives, Jay, Alex, Rich and Aram talk about what real change is needed in an industry built on dreams. How can music be more inclusive? How can industry professionals adapt and evolve through major market turmoil? All of this and more on this episode of One Step Beyond.
In this episode, we talk about:
• Becoming an expert in something you’ve never done before
• How much (and how little) streaming actually matters
• The gamification of numbers
• Structuring a business as a reaction to an existing industry
• Technology levelling the playing field across industries
• Problematic behaviour across the industry
• Struggling to know your own intentions
Never lose your Cadence. Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive coaching tips, Cadence Leadership news, and all our latest blog posts.