The Power of Play – Jayme Boucher, Ep. 40
On this episode of One Step Beyond, Aram is joined by Jayme Boucher, the Marketplace Manager at Roll 20. Jayme’s insight into the world of play is not only informative, but inspiring. Why is it that children are encouraged to play as much as possible, yet we lose that priority as we age?
Jayme described play as muscle – one that gets harder and harder to use the less we exercise it. The play deficit is real, and allowing yourself to be silly and to have fun has longstanding impacts on our ability to alleviate stress and improve productivity. This may come to explain why the board game industry is expected to reach revenues of 30 billion dollars per year by 2026.
In this episode, we talk about:
• What is play, and how can it better your professional self?
• Shame and guilt over self care
• Taking care of yourself to take care of others
• The physical and psychological impacts of play
• Gatekeeping and resistance, and how to fight it
• Diversity and inclusion in the modern gaming industry
• The important of self indulgence
Connect with Jayme on LinkedIn.
Never lose your Cadence. Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive coaching tips, Cadence Leadership news, and all our latest blog posts.