Young Leaders Panel, Ep. 24
In this episode of the One Step Beyond podcast, Aram Arslanian is joined by three young leaders, each with a unique perspective and story to tell. Steph Jurek is a Visual Designer in the financial tech industry, Logan Madden is a Specialist/Field Sales Trainer at BD, and Nikki McEachnie is the Director of Corporate Communications at Talisker Resources.
We put together this panel to talk with Aram about what young leaders are looking for out of the future. The future of the companies, their industries, their bosses, and their careers. As the torch begins to get passed from one generation of leaders to another, a paradigm shift is coming, and it’s going to be big. Join us as we discuss the ups and downs of a generational divide outlined by politics, social justice, opportunities, and education.
In this episode we talk about:
• Finding, challenging, and overcoming barriers at work
• Accountability at work – using your voice for real inclusivity
• Why millennials leave jobs
• What can we do to fix systemic issues, and what to do when there is no easy answer.
• What’s in a degree? What’s with X-number of minimum years experience?
• The lack of willingness to be wrong
• Sexism, homophobia, and transphobia in the workplace
• Ebb and flow of company loyalty
• Knowing your worth, and the fear of social death
Connect with our panelists:
Never lose your Cadence. Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive coaching tips, Cadence Leadership news, and all our latest blog posts.