Communicate inspirationally every day—from leading meetings to off-the-cuff conversations
Every communication, no matter how small, is an opportunity to build relationships and belief. Thus, for professionals, the ability to drive action through each engagement is a crucial. This course provides the skills needed to thrive in day-to-day communication.
- Adopting the mindset of an effective everyday communicator.
- Understanding the fundamentals of communicating clearly and concisely.
- Leading and participating effectively during in-person and virtual meetings.
- Leading unexpected “in the moment” conversations.
- Asking and answering questions effectively.
- Demonstrating effective physical and verbal presence.
I. EVERYDAY COMMUNICATION – MINDSET + SKILL SET
- Our everyday communication informs our ability to thrive.
- Exceptional everyday communication requires mindset + skill set.
- Mindset: Preparation, Authenticity and Accessibility.
- Skill Set: Clarity of Thought and Expression.
- Workshop:In small groups, participants will discuss the barriers that exist to communicating effectively in their day-to-day.
II. CLARITY OF THOUGHT – RELATIONSHIPS + COMMUNICATION
- Every communication builds, maintains or erodes our relationships.
- Picking your spots: Understanding your audience and what moves them.
- Staying conversational: Avoiding casual or formal communication.
- Using structure: How to communicate in a way that is clear, concise and effective.
- Workshop:Using structure, each participant will develop a short communication for an upcoming opportunity.
III. CLARITY OF EXPRESSION – MEETINGS: IN-PERSON + VIRTUAL
- Meeting foundations: The purpose, goal and who should attend.
- Flex your head: Facilitating meetings and being an effective participant.
- Building an agenda that sets the stage and focuses discussion.
- Outcome driven: Establishing concrete, timely and assignable next steps.
- Virtual meetings: Effective video-conferencing and conference calls.
- Maintaining physical and verbal presence in all types of meetings.
- Workshop:In small groups, participants will develop a meeting foundation for a provided scenario and then draft an agenda.
IV. CLARITY OF EXPRESSION – IN THE MOMENT + QUESTIONS
- In the moment: Excelling in unexpected conversations.
- Asking questions that frame the discussion and clarify your thinking.
- The short answer: Delivering clear and direct answers that advance thinking.
- Maintaining physical and verbal presence while in the moment.
- Workshop:In small groups, participants will practice responding to an in-the-moment conversation and answering questions.
V. CLOSING THE SESSION
- Building your cadence – a daily effort.